
Last Friday, October 23rd, Mr. John Kraft from "Lenape Lifeways" visited us to teach us about the Lenape Indians and the history of their way of life here in New Jersey. He showed us many interesting slides, as well as explained many details of their everyday life, such as what they ate, what they wore, etc. Mr. John also shared many of his own artifacts with us and we even got to try on some of the clothing! What was your favorite part of the Lenape assembly? I can't wait to hear what you all have to say!
My favorite part of the assembly was being able to see what the Lenape women carry babies in. I thought Mr. John was great!
ReplyDelete-Mrs. DePascale
My favorite part was when we found out how they make food and when we got to look at the table with all the stuff on it. I liked the bead present and the fur jackets. Colleen
ReplyDeleteDear Mrs. DePascale, I was absent last Friday, so I wasn't there to see the assembly but I am excited to see what my classmates' favorite part of the assembly was.
ReplyDeleteFrom,
Ryan
I think the assembly was great! My favorite part was when we got to touch all the stuff the Lenape Indians used. I especially liked the colors on the poncho.
ReplyDeleteSarah
Hi Mrs.DePascale
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of the assembly was when we looked at all of the different types of things they used a long long time ago. My favorite one was the games they played, I played with a few of them.
From, Katelyn
My favorite part was when i got to try on the wolf costom. Mr.kraft was a great host i wish i knew so much about indiains!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part was learning about what the Lenape indians ate for food. I thought that Mr.John was great!
ReplyDeleteFrom, Emily
dear mrs. DePascale
ReplyDeletemy favorite part about the asembaly was when we could try on all the things!my most favorite was how they hold the baby!
from
grace s.
My favorite part of the asembly was when we got to see the things that the Lanape Indians used when they were alive.I also thought it was interesting that they lived right here in Chatham too.
ReplyDeleteMatthew
My favorite part of the Lenape assembly was learning about their clothes. I liked this part because the dress had beads on it and the leather was smooth. It reminded me of an Indian dress that I saw in a book about Pocahontas, who I chose for my book report.
ReplyDeleteBy: Emma
I liked the Assembly becauce we got to feel cool stuff. We also got to where stuff and we got to see how people use to take care of their babys. WE got to see pictures of Chatham back then the Assembly was great!
ReplyDeletefrom Chris
The lenape indians were so cool! My favorite part was when we tried on the stuff they wore. I loved the wolf skin! I tried it on! It was so cool!
ReplyDeleteLove,Shay
My favorite part was when we got to learn about Lenape girl indians and what they did during their life!
ReplyDeleteGrace W.
Dear Mrs.DePascale,
ReplyDeleteMy favorite part of the assembly was when we got to hold the weapons. That was so cool!
From,
Lindsey
My favorite part of the assembly was when we got to touch all of the weapons and tools. The thing that I liked most about the tools was they showed all the spearheads which were very sharp! I liked the assembly very much.
ReplyDelete-- Jonathan
Hi Mrs. D. My favorite part of the assembly was trying on clothing and shoes.
ReplyDeleteFrom Sean
Dear Mrs.DePascale my favorite part of the assemble was that we could try on what the lenape indians wore.I thought we could do that!
ReplyDeleteFrom:Sanjana
My favorite part was when we got to hold the weapons. Mr. John Kraft was cool.
ReplyDeleteby: Zach K.
I thought learning about the Lenape Indians was great. I really liked trying on the clothes,holding the baby on my head and holding the basket on my head too.
ReplyDeleteAlessandra
My favorite part is when we got to try on the clothes and see the weapons. That was my favorite assembly so far.
ReplyDeleteJames
I liked in the assembly that he brought the stuff that you can wear and weapons and also you could see the stuff they used when they lived in Chatham. by Laith
ReplyDeleteDear Mrs DePascales class,
ReplyDeleteYou have a great teacher!
From,
Allison
P.S. I had Mrs. DePascale last year